Saturday 31 March 2012

Simply Saturday with grungy paint effect

Hi, 
What a surprise when I saw this beautiful sample Gay made. Not at all her usual style, but I'm sure you will agree that she is very good at grungy stuff too. 
A lovely box to offer to a man in your life. 
Here's how Gay used the paint on this sample.


The first coat of paint was Snowflake, I did that to see the shape more clearly, shiny metal can be distracting :0) 
I painted with Cinnamon and then the crackle glaze, allowed to dry and then a coat of Black. I used the harlequin template and painted through it to get the lighter paint effect with the two greens. I added a very light spray of cosmic shimmer in Golden mint just to give the lighter areas a bit of zing. Finally stamped and embossed the Telegraph text and knocked that back by sanding. Making anything for men, for me, is a big challenge but I actually enjoyed getting all painty with this one!



I used  
Snowflake, Little black dress, Cinnamon, Toad Hall and Guacamole,
I also used the Fresco finish Crackle glaze
embossed with Frantage aged gold embossing powder.
Crafters workshop template Harlequin
Cosmic shimmer mist Golden mint.





3 comments:

  1. WOW! Gay has shown how to extend a simple look into a grungy one!Very neat and not too much! Super work! Great! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.