Tuesday 24 April 2012

Katzelkraft week on Art Journal

Ciao a tutti!
Today is Gio day and a new beautiful Art Journal page all about vintage fashion. 
Gio has incorporated a little booklet on her Art Journal page which I think is very effective. What do you think? 


Here are the details on how Gio made her pages:



For the background: I painted both pages using acrylic paint Americana Warm White. I spread some Dreamweaver Crackle paste with the help of a palette knife, along the borders and on some small areas. To give a distressed look and highlighted the crackelled parts with Distress Ink Pumice Stone, Spun Sugar and Antique Linen.

I stamped the chandelier and other details using Katzelkraft "Cage and Chandelier" with Archival ink Plum and Coffee. I added two pieces of ribbon to the pages with the help of a needle.
I cut out the text from a paper leftover and I glued down to the background.




For the leaflet: I protected  the main image of the leaflet from the paint with Artcoe blue masking fluid. I painted all around it using acrylic paint Americana Warm White. Once dried, I gently peeled off the masking fluid. I added some stamped details using the same plate from Katzelkraft and I wrote the journal all around the images using a brown pen.
I glued the leaflet to the page.




Materials
Katzelkraft "Cage and Chandelier"
Dreamweaver embossing paste: Crackle
Americana Warm White
Distress Inks Pumice Stone-Spun Sugar -Antique Linen
Archival inks Plum - Coffee
Artcoe blue masking fluid
Artcoe Blue bell spiral cartridge book: long edge A5

See you tomorrow



4 comments:

  1. I likethe lacing on the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of scrapbook-style journals but I've never done an art journal. These pages are really inspiring: the shabby chic/vintage style appeals to me more than the modern art journals I've seen; it seems more achievable for me. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous pages and I love the little fold out book x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning. I love vintage and will certainly be trying it out.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.