Friday 29 June 2012

Fran-tage week: Angel

Hi, 
More samples today using the Fran-tage embossing enamels. First of all with Karen who made this gorgeous angel from one of the Tando Creative blanks.



Isn't that clever? What a lovely project for your Christmas decorations to come
Here's how Karen made her angel... 

Using the Tando 3D Angel, take the two wing pieces and Fran-tage the wing sections.
 I used the Stampendous Aged Ivory enamel fisrt in two layers then added Rose Fragments and a few Pearlised Mica Fragments.  Assemble all the pieces.  
Wrap some wadding around the head part, cut a circle around 3" across and sew a gathering stitch round the edge. Pull the ends up as you place the circle over the head, fasten.  
Take a strip (around 2"x6") of patterned fabric and gather up one long side.  As you fit the gathered end around the neck snip up to the top of the wings to make it fit. Hand sew the seams.  Repeat with the wide lace and the narrow gold lace.  Cut strips of wool/fibre for the hair and stitch in place.  Paint the crown using gold acrylic.  Wrap some wire over the crown and wrap the ends round the neck under the narrow lace.


Products Karen used:





*****


And here's a couple of samples that I made a while back. I might have "retired" from blogging etc. but I still "have a play" every so often ;) and those were actually made for a class I taught here.
(the hardest bit will to remember how I made them to tell you ;))
I used the Fran-tage Shabby Blue embossing Enamel ... gorgeous stuff. Make sure you shake the jar well before using to mix the colours or you might end up with everything blue or everything white. Which is what happened on the tag, but I still liked it that way. 




On the first one, I used the Tim Holtz Vintage Cabinet Card to cut several layers of (Amazon parcel left over) cardboard and glued them together. On the base card (cardboard again), I applied a random layer of gesso, stamped the script with Archival ink, then stamped and embossed the swirls (Crafty Individuals CI-173) using the Shabby Blue embossing Enamel. You can see that one of the swirl (top left) is mainly white... the one on the right is blue and the one at the bottom is a bit of both. 
That's what I like about those powders, they are unpredictable, yet the result is always stunning. 
I then added my ribbon, lace, stamped and embossed image (CI-340) and glued the "frame" on top. 
The swirls on the frame were embossed with Stardust embossing powder


Main image is stamped in black (with Versafine ink) and embossed with clear embossing powder




On this one, I had not shaken the jar, so my embossing is mainly blue with some speckles of gold.


Products I used on my samples:





See you tomorrow

3 comments:

  1. The little angel is soooo cute! I still love Christmas just as much as I did when I was a child. . . .
    The other pieces are just beautiful. I really love Crafty Individuals stamps. The brown and turquoise together is inspired - must try to use that combination some time! I'll be there on saturday - can't wait!!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little angel. But I love the last one very much. Such a fine colors and combination.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful frame and tag. Nice to see Isabelle is keeping her hand in !

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.