Thursday 21 March 2013

Mini album week - Karen and Chris Dark

hi, 
Two DT members are here with us today. 
First of all, Karen made a lovely music mini album in Crafty Individuals papers, PaperArtsy paints and of course Tando Creative goodies.
She also did a PDF with step by step instructions for this project. You can download it here.
Thank you Karen.


I used 12x12 thick paper for the 'pages' and then added paint here and there to decorate it.
The covers are made from card and then covered with Crafty Individuals paper.
I added a Tando music piece which was painted & crackled.
The tags were punched out.




(Carta Bella papers are pretty thick)
Crafty Individuals background book 1

-----------------------------------------
Our second talented artist today is Chris Dark, who also used Crafty Individuals images which she used on tags she made with Distress inks, masks and stamps. Gorgeous inky work, I am sure you will agree. 

To make my tag album I started by cutting various sized tags from white card. Next I swiped the tags through distress inks and water that I'd added to my craft mat, I used a different combination of the inks for each tag, honey/green, blues, yellow/green, purple/pink and red/green. When the backgrounds were dry I stamped down each tag with the various Katzelkraft lace stamps using the darker ink colour from each colour combo. The next stage was to take the stencils and spray through them with the Dylusions ink. 

I cut three pieces of card with the harlequin strip die the inked and stamped as before. I've used photographs of my garden and indoor plants and vase flowers and given some of them an artistic filter or two with iPad apps then printed them out onto matte photo paper. After printing I trimmed them to leave a small white border. I mounted the harlequin borders and the photographs onto the tags, doodled the edges and some words with black and white pens and I also did a bit of partial stamping here and thee on the photo's.


To finish off I threaded some ribbon through the holes in the tags to tie them together.








Materials
White card
Distress Inks
Katzelkraft stamp set - lace
Tim Holtz Alterations decorative strip die - harlequin border
Tando masks harlequin, sequin waste and leaves
Crafters Workshop template - Bingo
Dylusions ink spray black marble
Ranger Inkssentials white pen
Black pigma micron pen
Black polka dot ribbon

See you tomorrow









7 comments:

  1. Both mini albums are beautiful. I love Karen's muted tones and the Tando on the front looks wonderful. But then I also love Chris's vibrant colours and the white pen work on the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you ladies for the inspiration, I love both albums,
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such delicious albums... nothing I like better than a little handmade book!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the touches of mixed media in the albums, they are gorgeous keepsakes.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's gorgeous. Love the colours and that harlequin border

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two nice projects !!! :-) Aaaah dear Chris.... incribible technics !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.