Saturday 20 April 2013

Small Scale Simply Saturday - Viv

Hi everyone,
Beautiful spring-like matching cards, tags and bookmark from our talented guest designer Viv today. 
Love those little sets. They are quickly done, and it's so nice to have a matching set along with a present, don't you think? 
Why not let Viv know what you think of her samples in a comment below?


Cards
I first made three white card blanks using some textured card to measure 9 1/2 cm x 9 cm and used them tent fold. 
I stamped a  large butterfly on a matching piece of card ( approx 7 cm x 6 cm). I love how the stamp has writing on to add a bit of interest too. 
I used a Memory Box die to cut some tiny butterflies. I stuck four of the largest butterflies to the body of the large butterfly stamped earlier. 
I added two smaller butterflies to the middle of the other four. 
The last butterfly I coloured to match the large  butterfly and stuck that one to the centre of the large butterfly stamp. 
I added a clear gem ( coloured to match using a  Promarker pen),..... handy tip. 
I used small 3d pads to stick the butterfly topper to the main card. 
I used three nice bright Spring coloured inks to make three matching little cards. 
I am so temped to make three more now !

Tags

 I first printed a few sentiments onto some white textured card. 
I then cut it to (8 cm x 2 cm) and used a corner rounder to round  off the edges. 
I sponged some ink to add a bit of distressing to the edges. 
I punched a small hole for the ribbon and stuck a tiny butterfly to the tag ( after first colouring using more  ink to match). 
I coloured some narrow satin ribbon ( using same method
as  when colouring the gem) and added that to the tag. 
I made three tiny tags in all to match the cards.

Bookmarks
I used three of the smaller butterfly stamps ( from same set as the large one used earlier) to stamp on to a piece of white card (13 cm x 4 cm.)
 I stamped a sentiment from the same butterfly set also. 
I rounded the corners again then inked the edges. 
I punched a hole and added some matching ribbon (coloured to match) 
I like the fact that you can have a card, a matching tag for a gift and even a bookmark as the gift itself maybe :)





Viv used
White texured card
Memory Box 'Butterfly delights'
Stamps: Woodware  clear stamp set 'Butterfly medley'
Inks Memento (Dandelion,Tangelo,New Sprout, Tuxedo black)


Special offer for this weekend is 10% off Shrink Plastic
Just enter SHRINK10 at checkout

See you tomorrow



4 comments:

  1. ooh these are gorgeous! I love butterflies and think sets of these would make lovely gifts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours and great ideas

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous love the colours

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.