Saturday 14 November 2015

Anything Goes - Dawn Heald




Morning all,

Saturday again, another week gone,
another week nearer Christmas!

Looking back at the projects our
DT has made over the year, I thought this one was
definitely worth showing again!
Wonderful Brushos and an amazing 
tutorial by Dawn.



Dawn says -

"I decided to really experiment with Brusho's and show their versatility. 

 The only thing I didn't get on to are resist techniques.



They mixed with everything I tried and stayed
 put, as long as the
 colour crystals are fixed with thickener, water,
 mediums, they stay.







         To make a sprinkler, I've shown below how to put some                         paper over, tape round with masking tape and
                               poke a few holes in the top.
             The lids do fit back on without having to remove your                                           sprinkler each time.


First off I made a colour swatch of all the pots,
 mixed with water
 and then Brusho Thickener. As you only
 need small amounts of colour
 crystals I used a straw that I cut into a V 
scoop shape at the end to
 take colour out of the pot.



Brusho Thickener tip - if you are having trouble
 getting it to dissolve
 in the water, heat in microwave for ten seconds. 
It works. I made up 
a smaller batch using 150ml water to 5 grams
 of thickener powder.

Here's an art journal page I made using various ways
 to apply Brushos.





I really do recommend these pots of
 wonderful colour".



Well I hope you found this really interesting.
Thank you Dawn for all your hard work!
I think you will find these Brusho's are amazing!

So this is what Dawn used -


For the Art Journal page Dawn used -


So just a little of what you can do with Brusho's.
I hope you have been inspired to have a go with them.
You will not be disappointed!


Tomorrow is Weekly Challenge Day....
what shall it be I wonder....

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.